CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ice Climbing


Kelly and I went ice climbing in Ouray, CO. It is a little mountain town just outside of Telluride. We stayed in cute little cabins with a couple of friends and ice climbed for 3 days. It was the most intense climbing I have ever done. You get close to the top of the climb and your arms scream in protest they are burning so bad. You try to sink your axe in so you can finish, but sometimes it ricochets off or you dinner plate the ice and it crumbles in your face.
I wore goggles most of the time but Kelly got a few scrapes on his face from ice falling. Otherwise it was uneventful as far as injuries. In the world of ice climbing it is safe. There were a ton of people climbing and overall we had a really fun time. We ended up joining the club that supports the park. It has lots of good info about the area as well. http://www.ourayicepark.com/
They also have a ice festival that starts this week. It would be fun to go watch sometime. They end up having some pretty spectacular falls.

3 comments:

Ang said...

Looks beautiful and dangerous and fun.

The fonz said...

Wow those are some amazing pictures....I think i'll stick to the rockwall in HWAC.. Oh yeah, and i'm glad I finally get to see who Julies MOM is! since i've heard so much about her in lance's class...lol jk

Ashlee said...

This looks awesome! How fun! How's the new place? Ya still loving it? We need to get together with you guys. Haven't seen/talked/heard for ya'll in a looong time! Lets do dinner and games sometime soon! Hope all is well.