Another hobbie my husband and I have is bouldering. It is like rock climbing but you don't use ropes and you climb rocks that are close to the ground but not very high. They are normally called bouldering "problems" because most people work on the moves and try them many times before they make it to the top. Bouldering problems are rated differently than normal rock climbs because they normally range from about 3-15 moves but they would be the most stout move if they were on a normal rock climb.
The picture is a problem in the Big Bend climbing area in Moab. I am pulling down on what is called a mono-pocket (which means you normally can only fit one or two fingers in the hold and it is really painful).
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Bouldering
Posted by Julie's Blog at 7:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
When reading your blog, it reminds me how boring my life is and how scared I am of everything! I think it is great how many fun things you two do together outside.
Post a Comment