I have a favorite teacher and favorite flight instructor. My favorite teacher was my high school speech teacher. What I really remember about him was he really cared about all the students. I remember when you didn't get an answer right he didn't make you feel stupid, he helped you learn from your mistakes. He had a variety of activities and made it fun.
but yet knew how to make it fun in the airplane. He prepared me for what I needed to know and always would give a honest critique of how I did. The areas I needed improvement in he would tell me what I needed to do. In the end, he was my friend and My favorite flight instructor was Rex Ginder and I still keep in touch with him. He helped me get my Instrument rating and my Multi-Engine Instructor Rating. He was by far the most influential teacher in my life. He was always organized, on time, answered my questions even if I should already know the answer, and was very patient. He is the definition of professionalsincerely cared whether I would succeed or not. He is still someone that I will call if I am not sure about something I am teaching. Rex made me want to be a good teacher and I try to model myself off of the example he set for me.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Week 4 My Favorite Teacher
Posted by Julie's Blog at 7:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Like you, I value honesty. It is great when you have a teacher who will be honest and give you feedback that will help with your development. Sounds like a great teacher! Just like you. :) I promise, I'm not always this dorky. It's late and I'm tired. ha ha
Every teacher emulates the type of teachers that they have had. The lucky ones (like you) recognize the good ones and try to follow their example.
I like how you described him as the definition of professional. Those are the people that I trust and influence me the most in my career. When thinking about teachers, I agree that honesty is so important, trust and respect in a relationship between student and teacher.
Yep. Nothing like a good teacher. I don't think I've ever experienced one that really turned me on in school. Although, I thought Ms. Glenn was hot; she was my first grade teacher. I even wrote her a note and asked if she loved me: yes or no. She circled yes.
Post a Comment