CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Journal #2

I have been thinking a lot lately about how to correlate my vision of the world to what I think the purpose of education is. I have been struggling because I don't want to sound too "preachy." I appreciate the feedback because I think Sam hit it on the head that I don't teach my students religion I try to model the behavior of Biblical principles. Hopefully, my students see that and want to be that way as well. Specifically, the Biblical principles of integrity, honesty, and fairness. If the students do adopt those principles into their own life it will definitely help them with life in general, as well as in their education.

When I was sitting down to write about my beliefs about pedagogy and my beliefs about adults in general I found it relatively easy because of the class from last spring. We pretty much discovered what we believe in those areas and they do tie together.

0 comments: